Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Shopping (and savings!)

I’ve been finding lately that my favorite thing to do on Sunday mornings is to get my shopping done early. My weeks are busy with school, tutoring, and other activities so it is hard to find the time during the week unless it’s a quick stop after school. Here’s where I went and what I bought!

CVS

5 – Honest Tea (assorted flavors) on sale 5/$5
1 – Nivea lip balm, on clearance for $0.75
3 – Eucerin hand & body lotions (assorted) @ $5.49 each
1 – Oral-B toothbrush, on sale for $1.99
1 – Oral-B brush head refills for electric toothbrush (orig. $46.99 – on sale for $29.99)
1 – Bic Soliel Shimmer razor, $6.99 on sale

Coupons used:
4 - $1/1 Honest Tea product
1 - $1/1 Nivea lip product
3 - $1.50/1 Eucerin lotion
1 - $1.50/1 Oral-B toothbrush (certain types)
1 - $3/1 Bic razor

Total before tax: $37.70
Total saved: $49.18
Received $31.00 in Extra Care Bucks (you can use these on almost any products in the store – they are good for a month!)

I didn’t plan on spending so much money there, and I could have saved more out of pocket by doing multiple transactions. I was just so excited that the brush heads were the right ones for my toothbrush, and I wasn’t thinking clearly about it. I got $20.00 in ECB just from that item alone. You will never find those brush heads for $9.99. I also see it this way – yes I spent $40.00, but I will get to put the $31 toward all of my upcoming purchases there. I may not have to spend more than pennies there for the rest of the month! Which makes me very happy!


Walgreens

4 – Degree deodorant (4/$15)
2 – Right Guard deodorant (both with free trial size body wash attached!)
1 – Ritz Crackerfuls on sale for $2.00
1 – Aquafresh Kid’s toothpaste
2 – Caramels from the register…sooo delicious (and cheap!)

Coupons used:
2 – B1G1 free Degree deodorant
1 – B1G1 free Right Guard product
1 - $1/1 Ritz Crackerfuls
1 – in ad coupon for Aquafresh @ $0.99
1 - $0.50/1 Aquafresh kids toothpaste
$3.50 in Register Rewards

Total paid: $6.19
Total saved: $28.63
Received $7 in Register Rewards to use on my next purchase 

I was excited about all of the B1G1 free coupons that I could use this week to make my deals even better. The Degree products were 4/$15, plus you got $5 in Register Rewards. The Right Guard deodorants were already B1G1 free, and with the coupon, both were free! I also got the Ritz Crackerfuls for $1 out of pocket and got $2 in RR back on those, making them free as well.

I read on a blog that they are in great need for product donations at the Salvation Army of Monroe County. I gathered a large bag full of some of the products I don’t need at the moment and will be taking them to the site this week sometime. This is why I got the Right Guard deodorants and the kids toothpaste – both were either free or just pocket change to buy and someone that really needs these items will get them. It feels good to be able to make a small difference in the world by spending very little money. I donate money as much as I can, but donating products is a bit easier when you don’t make a ton of money.


Rite Aid

This was my smallest (and cheapest!) haul of the day. I went in basically because my UP+ rewards were going to expire this week, and I needed to use them!

1- RenPure Organics conditioner (@ $4.99)
1- Lady Speed Stick deodorant, on sale for $2.99
1 – Revlon Just Bitten lip stain (Reg. $8.99, on sale for 40% off)
1 -  Ms. Pedicure Foot Scrub (clearance @ $0.99)
1 – Spic and Span dish brush (clearance @ $0.25)
1 – 3 Muskateers candy bar (for the boyfriend) @ $0.50

(as you can tell, I was struggling for items at the end to make it to $15 total so I could use my $3 off coupon!)

Coupons used:
1 - $3 off $15 purchase
1 - $1 off a non-prescription purchase
1 - $2/1 Revlon beauty product
1 - $0.50/1 Speed Stick deodorant
$7 in UP+ rewards

Total Paid: $1.61
Total Saved: $13.50
Received $6.99 in UP+ rewards to use on my next purchase

Not a ton of coupons to use, but my total was really small! Not a bad weekend aside from all of that money spent at CVS!

I also got a really great pair of shoes this weekend! I got a gift card to Betsey Johnson for my birthday, and I already had an incredible pair of shoes picked out to spend it on! Check out these awesome shoes....


All mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment