Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Shopping trip (5/3/2011)

 
Since I am still so new to using coupons to get things for rock bottom prices, I have been doing little bits of shopping at a time. I had about an hour to kill after work on Tuesday before heading to Nick’s. I wanted to hit up Walgreens and Meijer, and maybe Target if there was some time left. Here is a wrap-up of my trip:

Stop #1: Walgreens
1 – Tylenol Precise Pain Relieving Heat Patches 3 pk. - $7.99
2 – Right Guard Body Wash – BOGO Free ($4.49 each)
4 – Easter Pencils - $0.25 each
1 – Arizona Green Tea can – on sale for $0.49

Coupons used:
BOGO Free Right Guard Products
$5 off Tylenol Precise product (www.precisepainrelief.com)
$3 off Tylenol Precise product (Walgreens May Savings booklet)
$1 Register Rewards

TOTAL COST (w/ tax) = $1.30


Stop #2: Value City Furniture
(Ok…so I had a coupon for a free stuffed animal (Kare Bear) from VC Furniture. I wasn’t going to go, but I thought I’d just pop in and check the place out anyway since I was right there. I’m kind of glad I did. Although I don’t have much use for the Kare Bear, I can donate it. It was a $7.99 bear, so it was worth it.)

TOTAL COST = Completely FREE


Stop #3: Meijer
I went in to check out the prices at Meijer, because I had a lot of MFT’s coupons that matched up with the Meijer Beauty coupons from their website. (Go here for some great savings:  http://meijer.shoplocal.com/meijer/default.aspx?action=entryflash&storeref=70)
Needless to say, it wasn’t a very worthwhile trip. Since the coupons are good until June, I might wait this one out a few weeks. I did however find L’Oreal eye shadow for $4.79 – and with two $2 off coupons, it was a good buy!


So I bought: 1 – L’Oreal eye shadow (@$4.79)
Used: $2 off one L’Oreal eye product (Meijer Beauty book)
$2 off one L’Oreal eye products (MFT coupon)

TOTAL COST (w/ tax): $0.96


TOTAL MONEY SPENT (out of pocket): $2.26


This experiment is turning into an awesome thing for me…you see I have this shopping problem, where I have to go to the store at least once a week. I usually hit up Target and spend $20-$40 on different things I find there, whether I need them or not. I’ve spent less than $20 this whole week – and I’ve gotten about 4x the stuff I could have in a Target trip. I’m starting to realize how much money I am actually wasting. So, I have been satisfying my need to shop (and I actually haven’t even wanted to go to the mall!) while saving lots of money. I hope to keep getting better at it, and eventually working my way into using food coupons (yikes!). It’s a scary thought!

0 comments:

Post a Comment