Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Savings

I know y'all might be getting tired of hearing about my shopping trips...but saving so much money just doesn't seem to get old! I didn’t have much time to shop this weekend, but the couple of stops that I made were pretty good ones! Here are my weekend deals from Meijer, Walmart, and Walgreens!



Saturday:
On Saturday I had some time to shop at WalMart and Meijer with my sister. I was glad that I had my coupons with me because I found some great unadvertised deals!

Walmart:
1 – Crest Pro-Clinical Daily Whitening Toothpaste (Orig. $4.75 – on clearance for $1.50)
1 – John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo (Orig. $4.97 – on clearance for $1.00!)
1 – Dial NutriSkin lotion ($1.97)
1 – Sally Hansen nail clippers ($3.97)
Used:
1 - $0.75/1 Crest toothpaste
1 - $1/1 John Frieda product
1 - $1/1 any Dial lotion
1 - $2/1 Sally Hansen product

Total before savings & tax: $15.66
Total after (w/tax): $4.20
Saved: $11.46
Note: I was so bummed that they only had one John Frieda shampoo in the clearance section, because I actually use that shampoo - and I also had more $1 off coupons! I was so grateful to find that one, though.

Meijer:
2 – Ivory soap 4-pack - not pictured ($1.19)
1 – Dial NutriSkin lotion ($1.99)
1 – John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo ($6.49)
1 – John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner ($6.49)
Used:
2 - $1/1 Ivory soap or body wash
1 - $1.50/2 John Frieda product (Meijer coupon)
2 - $3/1 John Frieda Root Awakening product
(also – John Frieda products were buy 1/get 1 50% off over the weekend!)

Total before savings & tax: $17.35
Total after (w/tax): $4.83
Saved: $12.52

Sunday:
I only had a little bit of time after church on Sunday to run to Walgreens. Last week I waited until Sunday afternoon to hit the stores, and they were already out of a lot of the sale items I wanted. So I went at 9:45, and had no problems this week!

Walgreens:
2 – Peeps bunny 4-pack (75% off! Only $0.18 each)
1 – Wylers Light singles to go ($1.00)
1 – Carefree liners (on sale for $0.99)
1 – Caress Silk soap bar (Orig. $.1.99)
1 – Dove bath bar (Orig. $1.99)
2 – Kleenex tissue box (Orig. $1.39)
2 – Lysol toiler cleaner 16oz. (on sale for BOGO Free @ $2.99)
Used:
1 - $1/1 Carefree item
1 - $1/2 Lysol toilet cleaner
1 – Walgreens coupon for Kleenex @ $0.89 each (limit 3)
1 – Walgreens coupon for Dove/Caress soap @ $0.99 each (limit 3)
1 – $5 Register Rewards from last week

Total before savings & tax: $16.83
Total after w/tax: $2.57
Saved: $14.72

TOTAL BEFORE ALL SAVINGS: $49.84
TOTAL SPENT: $11.60
77% savings!

Not a bad weekend at all! I am loving making short shopping trips when it is convenient. I am also loving the fact that I haven’t felt the need to go to the mall in 2 weeks! THANK YOU to LRWC and KCL for helping me save so much money – I can’t wait to see how much money I can save this year! (To hopefully put towards a house next year!)

4 comments:

Rebecca Szilagy

This is ridiculous! I want to try that root awakening shampoo, tell me how you like it.

Rebecca Szilagy

So I went to the KCL and it makes so much more sense! I'll keep you posted on my ventures.

Unknown

YAY Bec!!! It smells good but I haven't actually tried it yet. I bought 2 more bottles at Target yesterday since I had 2 more $3 off 1 coupons plus a Target coupon for $3 off 2 John Frieda products :)

Rebecca Szilagy

I have to go pick up some prescriptions at Walgreens tonight, so I am going to try to do one or two of KCL tricks - stay tuned!

Post a Comment