Monday, July 13, 2009

An explanation

Ok so my blog name probably doesn't make sense...well to anyone.
So here is the short story.
A few years back, my two friends that I spent most of my time with and I were all going through our own personal problems. After awhile, we came to conclusion that we were like unicorns.
The definition for unicorn: a mythical creature resembling a horse, with a single horn in the center of its forehead.
Now, I am not saying that we are mythical creatures. Or that we have horns (because that would be weird). The explanation was that there are millions of girls who are all the same. They dress and act like luts with an "s". We were just different. We didn't have to be that way because of what was in the brain, not because of what we looked like on the outside. Things have changed since then. I'm not so close with those friends, and my perception of the "unicorn" has also changed.
It's like this.
I still feel different. Everyone is different (duh). I still feel like I don't know many people like me. I still feel lost sometimes. I still feel like people don't think people like me exist. Not around these parts anyway. But I've learned to accept myself, even love myself, for who I am. No matter how different. I don't care so much about fitting in. I don't care so much about how people see me, because I know how I see myself. I still like the idea of the unicorn. And my own unicorn, George Lucas, still rides with me in my car!
So that's the story of where my name came from.
And here is a picture of a unicorn!

unicorn.jpg

1 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren

I heart the title of your blog! It's awesome :)

Post a Comment