Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughts on recent purchases

Since shopping is my favorite past time, I have been doing a whole lot of it lately. Mainly because I keep running into all of these insane bargains that are too hard to pass up. Here are a few of my favorites...

 Betsey Johnson spring jacket
I had been looking high and low for a spring jacket for about a month. All I saw was the same style over and over again...you know the trench coat in various colors with a belt. Everywhere. One day I looked at TJ Maxx and found a couple of cute Guess jackets, but they were a bit pricey. I told my mom that I would only pay that much for a Betsey Johnson coat. (Ok...I know $70 isn't THAT bad...but it's a JACKET!! I can't wear it for longer than a season!) Fast forward to the next weekend, at a different TJ Maxx, there it sat. A Betsey Johnson coat, in a small, for the same price as the Guess jacket! It was definitely fate. As much as I didn't want a black jacket, this one was so cute on, and I couldn't pass it up. IT WAS BETSEY! At originally $155, I was getting a great deal.


Michael Kors boots
I have to admit, this was an impulse buy. I didn't NEED new black boots, I just got a pair off of Piperlime about a month ago. BUT, I had seen these boots on a girl in the winter, and I LOVED them. I immediately found them at Macy's, the sad news was they were $200. I don't drop that kind of money on much of anything. A few months later, I spotted the boots on the sale rack at Macy's. Tried them on and what do you know, they had my size. The best part about the whole thing was that the boots only cost $39.90. Say whaaaaat?!?!? My own mother talked me into buying them; the woman who yells at me on a daily basis for having more shoes than Payless. I guess the saleswoman also played her part in the spending of my money. Turns out that I love the boots and can even wear them all day at work without my feet hurting (too bad). I say that because ALL of my work shoes make my feet hurt. Sadly without them, half of the 5th grade class is taller than me. I won't be having that happen any time soon if I can help it!


Sally Hansen Salon Effects
The librarian at my school (best person EVER!) had shown me these new nail things online one day. I was curious as to how they worked, because I HATE doing my nails. I can never paint them without smudges or some sort of mishap going on. Even when I get a manicure, it never lasts longer than a few days. The first pack I bought was the gold glitter ones. Those wouldn't stay on my nails (for some reason they were really thick and didn't stick well to some of my small curvy nails), but I wanted to try one more time before I gave up on them. I then bought the lacy looking ones, and had MUCH better results. They only took me about a half hour to put on, and they looked phenomenal. I wore them for about 6 days before I smashed my index finger into the concrete wall while sharpening pencils for first graders. After that I took them off. I will definitely be purchasing them again. I really want to try the leopard or zebra print ones. They are hard to find by my house though.

Have YOU bought anything fabulous lately???

0 comments:

Post a Comment