Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Favorite Beauty Products

My skin has always been more of a burden than a blessing. You name it, I probably struggle with it: oily skin, dry skin, acne, and sensitive skin…sometimes I even deal with them all on a daily basis. So you can imagine that I have tried dozens of beauty products over the years, and I have. Here are some of the things that I can’t seem to go a day without…


Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (Target Brand)
I have tried soooo many face washes over the years, but recently I have discovered that using a disposable facial cloth keeps my skin breakout free.  Cleansers I’ve used in the past have left residue on my skin, and they also failed to take off all of my makeup. Cleansing cloths are so easy – you just clean your face, then toss them when you feel like it’s clean! I’ve never had better results with cleaning my face. They also help clear away dead skin cells. Oh yeah, did I mention that they are CHEAP?? I’m sure there are many different brands out there, but the Target brand seems to do the trick for me.



Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
Let’s be honest – I have no idea how I got through the day without these before they were invented. I think I may have applied layers and layers of powder…but I know that I cannot go ANYWHERE without these. They are perfect for any time of day. Whenever you feel your face getting shiny or oily, just pull one out and blot. You will be disgusted by how much oil you see on the sheets, but it gets it off of your face! (Which I feel is a whole lot better than it being ON your face.) If you have any problems with oily skin whatsoever, I recommend you buy these. They make me feel a lot better about having to deal with my oily skin.



Bare Minerals – Warmth
Usually in the summer I like to use bare minerals because it feels lighter on my skin than liquid foundation feels. When I bought the starter kit last year, it came with an all-over color called “Warmth”. It’s like a bronzer, but has no shine to it. I love it because it looks very natural, and you can layer it to get the look you want. I have been using it ever since I discovered it. You can use it on your body or neck area to blend your make-up in if you need to. It’s a bit pricey, but a little bit goes a very long way.


Burts Bees Chapstick
 
 I am a big fan of chapstick, and I’ve literally tried every kind there is. I have a hard time finding anything better than Burt’s Bees for the same price. If you want to get fancy and buy something 3x’s the price, then you might find something better. But if you only want to shell out a couple bucks to make your lips feel good – invest in Burt’s! It has a wonderful cooling sensation when you put it on, and it stays on your lips for a very long time. Plus your tube will last you months – as long as you don’t lose it! 


Tune in tomorrow for some of my favorite books! YAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment