Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Fun

Usually my weekends consist of not much more than movies and ice cream, maybe an occasional visit from friends. But this past weekend, I was so very busy! (Which I actually prefer the latter.) Sunday happened to be the highlight of my weekend. I spent all day with my team at stunt camp! Now I know you are thinking "didn't you just go to camp LAST weekend?" Haha well yes, I did. But this was just a ONE day camp! My team did an incredible job! They learned a ton of new stunts and were successful the entire day. Here are some pictures to prove it!

This is the first pyramid we learned. A "pyramid" is when you have more than one stunt group doing things next to each other. Most of the time the girls on top help each other out. In this one the girl holding the other girl's foot is going to push her up and twist her. You get the idea from the next picture!

After she twists she gets caught by the girls underneath then they go up into another stunt! Which I didn't get a picture of!


This is the second pyramid we learned! There is a lot of throwing and twisting involved...good thing my kids know what to do because I couldn't remember everyone's parts!

The girl in the center is "Peanut"!


After the stunt camp on Sunday, I headed off to see a show in Ann Arbor. I went to see a guy named Daniel Johnston. He's in his 40's now but he has a very interesting story. He looks like this:

You may have seen this weird alien around before, but never knew what it was. Now you do! This is the cover art of the cassette tape that made him famous. He recorded it in 1983, the same year I was born! There is a huge painting of it somewhere in Austin, Texas.


I first learned about Daniel a couple days after my best friend died. He had MANY similarities to Daniel. Daniel is bipolar but he is really a genius at making music. His music is raw and real and 100% from the heart. He isn't the greatest singer and he still struggles on the guitar. (My best friend was just like that too.) His story is just so interesting and amazing and devastating all at the same time. I highly recommend watching his documentary. It's called "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". It's really extraordinary.

I went to the show with my good friend Joe, and my best friend's (the one I mentioned above) brother Phil. It was really great being at the show and witnessing it, but it was also amazing to be there with Joe and Phil. We can all relate to Daniel and his story since it reminds us all of our Greg.

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend!

1 comments:

Liz

I have seen that alien in Austin!!! I'm from San Antonio and my sister lives there :)

Post a Comment