Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baseball Deliciousness!

HEY!
So I know it's only Wednesday, but I've already had a spectacular week! Tuesday night was one of the greatest nights in a really long time! My mom, dad, sister and I went down to Toledo to meet up with my cousins for dinner and a Toledo Mud Hens game. If you don't know who the Mud Hens are, they are the minor league team for the Detroit Tigers. So you know, they have the younger, more in shape players who haven't touched the 'roids yet. ANYWAYS! Dinner was amazing, we ate at Pizza Papalis (we have one here in Detroit also!) and it was DELICIOUS!!! If you ever go there, get the deep dish! It takes a long time to make, but it's worth it!

Next, we walked next door to the game! My cousin Phil is an intern with the Mud Hens. He does stats and runs the score board! This is what he looks like, hard at work! (He's the one standing):


We found our seats once we got inside, and they were THIS GOOD! Like 7 rows away from the field, behind home plate! Once we sat down, I looked through the magazine to find the hot guys on the team lol. I quickly picked a favorite! His name is Jeff Frazier (#35) and he's my age, and married. Bummer, but this was all just for fun! My sister and I cheered really loud for all of the players!


They do lots of fun things during the break between each inning at Mud Hens games! At the Tigers games they usually do one or 2 things, but in Toledo it's during every inning! The highlight for me was the mascot race! They usually do digital races on the jumbo-trons, but here they did REAL LIVE MASCOT races! I diedddd! I got a good picture of all 3 of them right after they finished racing. The pink cat won!

My sister and I wandered around for a bit because we wanted to get t-shirts! We found ones that we liked in the kids section! Score for us, they were only $10! Here is a picture:

L-R: Aunt Diane, Rachel (sister), my mom, and myself!

So the game is ending and we had a fabulous time. My sister had a few pops, so she was really energized at the end. She decided to go down by the dugout with all of the little kids. She ended up getting a game ball thrown to her by...none other then....JEFF FRAZIER!!! Of course I die when she tells me. I was right by her but couldn't see....besides there were so many kids! I didn't want to get in their way. But I DID want to sneak a peek at the ball players! WOOOO!

Anyways, these are like the only pictures I could find of Jeff Frazier:
He's delicious in person, I swear! Plus he has a southern accent....WAIT I didn't get to that part yet!

So after the game ends, my sister texts my cousin to tell him about the ball she got. And my aunt kept saying "Ask him if he could get it signed!" since my cousin is all down with the Mud Hens haha. So he calls us and says "Come up to my office" (in the press box) so we go. He ended up taking us down to the locker rooms, and he pulled Jeff Frazier out! We got to say hi and meet him, and he signed our baseball! He also told my cousin that if we want to go to any more games, he would put us on his "list". UM HI I DIED.

Then we went onto the field! Which was really cool as well. And THEN my sister was embarrassing in front of more baseball players when we got locked in and she tried to climb the fence. But that is a whole different story haha.

So here is a picture of me with my signed baseball...which I accidentally fell asleep with last night. HA HA!


GO MUD HENS!!!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment