Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve....

Why???

Oh...I'll tell you why!

Tomorrow morning....I get to....wait for it...


.......


...go BACK TO WORK!!!!

Now I know that sounds like such a ridiculous concept. Most people would be ELATED to have months off of work. (Which I did have.) But sometimes there is only so much you can do with your time off, then you just get bored.

I hit that point in my summer a looooong time ago!

So my job...it's basically the greatest thing on earth. Which is why I am dying to go back!
Here is where I work.
Not the best picture, but it's all I could find!
Gordon L. Grogan Elementary is one of the GREATEST elementary schools on the planet! I spent four months there completing my student teaching a year and a half ago. One year ago to the day, I was starting my first long-term substitute teaching job in the fourth grade. One of the greatest experiences of my life! And tomorrow I will be returning to my favorite place as a Title 1 Interventionist.

And I feel like an excited child at Christmas time!

My job this year will consist of working with small groups of students in grades 3-5. The students I will work with are the students who fall in the bottom half of the class (grade-wise) due to money issues or problems at home. They are capable of achieving higher grades, but outside factors are preventing them from succeeding. It will be my job to work with them in small groups and one-on-one to help them get their grades up. Most of the time just having someone to go over things with you one-on-one will help these kids tremendously, and they start to feel safe at school and learn to love school and want to succeed.

This is a job that I am VERY passionate about.

Since I've been "working" at Grogan for about 2 years now, I have grown very close to the staff and students there. I can honestly say that besides my bedroom, it is my most favorite place to be in the entire world. I consider it my second home and it's a place that brings me so much happiness. I honestly wish that everyone else out there loved their job as much as I love mine!

Cheers to a great first day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment