Friday, September 11, 2009

Bummer




This song has been stuck in my head for about three days now, and it kind of embodies my 
mood as of late. I adore Rocky, and my mood has just been so "blah" lately. I had four full 
days of school this week, and that has been stressing me out a bit. We have a new 
kindergarten teacher and it has been a challenge helping her out. The other two girls I work with and myself have been helping out while the kids get acquainted to their new grades and classrooms, and we actually started testing today so we have been busy. It looks like I will 
be working mostly with 4th graders this year, which is good with me!




Today I also found out that I may be coaching Middle School come competitive season. It 
kind of bummed me out. I really love working with the older kids now and I don't think I 
remember how to coach middle schoolers. It's been three years since I've done it. Plus it is 
just going to be embarrassing because the team we always have to go against has freakin' 
team back tucks and I wont be able to compete with that. It's such a bummer. I also think 
that I'll only have like 10 kids too. At least I will be getting paid.


I also think that the girls I work with don't like me very much. And that just really bums me out. I have come up with some really great ideas so far and I may be quiet but I've never 
been the one to talk the most in a group of people. I usually just listen and take it in (it's the green in me!). Once in awhile I add in things but usually there is no room to talk since everyone else is always talking so to me, it is just polite to listen. I don't know. Maybe I will feel 
better about it soon.


ANYWAYS!


There ARE good things that have happened this week too, I promise!!! As much as the 
kindergartners are a handful, there are some IN-CREDIBLE little children in that class! I am in love with like 10 of them. Today one of them told me that his brain hurt after coloring for five minutes! HA HA! There is another little one who has a big brother that I taught last 
year. So he thinks its cool that he knows who I am, and he is the cutest kid ever so I always 
help him out or wave to him when I see him. Today he said "Ms. M, why do you always smile when you wave to me?" I said "Because it makes me happy to see you!". And he says "When I wave back to you I get little tingles in my tummy!" and I said "Well Julian that just means you are happy to see me too!" and it was just SO GOSH DARN CUTE! I just want to pinch 
his cheeks!




My principal thinks it's funny that there are three of us working together and we always go 
everywhere together so he started calling us "Charlie's Angels". Today we were trying to put together a proposal to get a supplies donation (since we have no budget) and Chelsea came 
up with "Divas for Achievas" as our proposal name! I thought it was awesome so now you 
can refer to me as "Diva" lol (I kiddd!). I will tell you more about our proposal when it gets 
posted on the website! Then if you know anyone with extra money laying around, you can 
help fund our project and there will be so many kids that benefit from it!


Moving on!
I saw a girl who I used to babysit tonight (she's already in COLLEGE! I'm so old!) and she 
reminded me of the funniest story ever, that happened to us one time I baby-sat. My next 
post is going to be about that!


Hope y'all have a great weekend! I promise a much better post SOON!

1 comments:

Uptown Girl

great video. You are a diva... own it!
I've had a similar week or so, feeling bummed out and stressed one minute and relaxed and happy the next. isn't it fun being a woman?

Post a Comment