Thursday, March 15, 2012

Challenge #2: 3 Fears

#3: I am terrified of not having enough money to pay for the things I need.

I am not sure where this fear came from; I think I may have been born with it. I’ve always been careful about certain things, and I’ve never been one to spend my money all in one place, per say. But in the past few years, I have become terrified of not having enough money to get a house and pay for all of the things that go along with it. I want to be able to do things myself, so it’s hard for me to hear Nick say things like “I have X amount of money saved for a house down payment.” Even though we’re getting married. I guess I feel like he earned that money, and I don’t take handouts easily. I will be the first person to give someone money if they need it though.


#2: I'm afraid to fail.
This one doesn't really need an explanation. I am completely afraid to fail at anything.


#1: I am afraid of change.


I know that change is part of life, and that things are constantly changing and evolving. I know that things can't always stay the same. I just do not deal well with change at all. Especially big changes. Sometimes I even have a hard time with good changes. I think change makes me feel that in order to take on or begin something new, something else has to end to make room for it. I hate endings. (Unless we are talking about the end of the work day or week, then I don't mind them!) I think changes scare me because you are dealing with the unknown. I have a hard time with that.